Prepaid Card Terms and Conditions
Prepaid Card Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to your Prepaid Card. You must read them carefully.
By applying for the SDH Prepaid Card (the “Card”), you agree that you understand, accept and shall comply with these Terms and Conditions and the Fees and Limits set out on the Website (together the “Agreement”).
The Virtual prepaid card (credited with value by way of the issue of Electronic Money as defined by the EMR) which means you do not receive a physical card, instead you will create a User Name and Password during the application process which will allow you to access your [Card] Account containing the card number and other relevant information.
The Physical prepaid card (credited with value by way of the issue of Electronic Money as defined by the EMR) will be issued as a Virtual Card and converted to a Physical Card you will create a User Name and Password during the application process which will allow you to access your SDH Prepaid Card Account containing the card number and other relevant information.
The Prepaid Card is not a credit card or a charge card, nor is it a debit card linked to a current account, no interest is payable to you on the balance and the Card Funds do not amount to a deposit with us. The Virtual Card can be used worldwide for most online transactions where you see the Card Scheme logo. The Physical Card can be used worldwide for most online transactions, at Point of Sale Terminal and ATM, where you see the Card Scheme logo.
|“ATM”||means a cash machine;|
|“SDH Prepaid Account”||means an account linked to the Card, accessed via the Website using your User Name and Password, allowing you to manage the Card functionality, including: updating your personal details; loading or suspending the Card; checking the Card balance; and linking a Payment Source to the Card;|
|“Approval Process”||means the process or processes adopted by St Daniel House Ltd under agreement by the issuer Monavate from time to time by which we review and approve the issuing of Cards and Accounts, including anti-money laundering checks;|
|“Cardholder”||means the user of the Card and the person that has entered into this Agreement;|
|“Card Schemes”||means Mastercard and/or such other similar industry schemes as may be notified by us from time to time in relation to Cards;|
|“Currencies”||means, subject to clause 2.5 and 3.4, any one or more of GBP, EUR, USD and/or any other currency that we may make available from time to time;|
|“Customer Support”||Live chat via our website and accessed from within the account, customers can also call the number on the card or email email@example.com|
|“Designated Merchant”||means the merchant that has introduced you to us in order that you can apply for a Card to use to purchase its good or services;|
|“Electronic Money Regulations” or “EMR”||means the Electronic Money Regulations of 2011 implementing the Electronic Money Directive 2009 (Directive 2009/110/EC) of the European Commission;|
|“EUR”||means the lawful currency of the Eurozone;|
|“GBP”||means the lawful currency of Great Britain;|
|“USD”||means the lawful currency of the United States of America;|
|“Merchants”||means a Designated Merchant or Other Merchants;|
|“Other Merchants”||means a merchants other than the Designated Merchant which accept the Card as a form of payment;|
|“Card Fees and Limits”||means the fees and limits applicable to the Card as set out on the Website as amended from time to time;|
|“Card Fund”||means the aggregate sum of all the funds loaded onto the Card in each Currency;|
|“Customer Support”||means any services, including call centre services, provided by us or our third party service providers in connection with the Card;|
|“Currency”||means, subject to clause 2.5, any one (1) or more of EUR, GBP, USD and any additional currency that we may make available in connection with the Card from time to time;|
|“Fees”||means the fees set out under the Fees and Limits table applicable to the Card or a transaction.|
|“Payment Source”||means a debit card, a credit card or bank account you nominate to be linked to your Card in order to apply loads to the Card for automatic loads to cover a transaction where there are insufficient Card Funds;|
|“the Services”||means creation and administration of Cards and administration of [Card] Accounts;|
|Primary Payment Card||means a debit or credit card nominated as a Payment Source to be linked to the Card for automatic loads to cover transactions where there are insufficient Card Funds;|
|“User Name and Password”||means the user name and password you create during the application process (or as subsequently amended by you) allowing you to access your [Card] Account;|
|“we, us, our”||means St Daniel House Limited or the Issuer Monavate Limited;|
|“Website”||means our website at sdhfs.uk;|
|“wording day”||means Monday to Friday from 0900 to 1700, except for any public bank holidays in England and Wales; and|
|“you, your”||means you as the Cardholder.|
In these terms and conditions “you” means the named Prepaid Cardholder and any authorised user of the Prepaid Card. “We”, “us” or “our” means Monvate Limited (Issuer) of the Prepaid Card provided by St Daniel House Limited who provides the access system as the Cobrand Partner in charge of promotion, marketing and distribution of the product.
1. Applying for and activating your Prepaid Card
- To apply for a Prepaid Card as the primary card holder, you must be at least 18 years old and a SDHFS Verified Customer. We will require evidence of who you are and your address. We may ask you to provide some documentary evidence to prove this and/or we may carry out checks on you electronically.
- You must sign the signature strip on the back of the Prepaid Card as soon as it is received. You will also need to activate your Card before you will be able to use it. Details of the Card activation process are on Our Website. Please refer to Our Website for all Prepaid Card loading options and refer to the “Loading your Prepaid Card” section below. By using the Prepaid Card, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
2. The Card
- The Card will be activated once you successfully complete the application process.
- The use of the Card is subject to the Agreement as may be varied by us from time to time. The current version of these Terms and Conditions and the Fees and Limits table is available and can be downloaded from the Website.
- The Card is only for your use and expires on the date on the front of the Card. Upon expiry we may transfer the balance of the remaining funds to a new Card or you can obtain a refund of the balance in accordance with the Agreement.
- Cards can only be used where the Merchant requests electronic authorisation of the transaction from the Issuer. If no electronic authorisation is requested the transaction will be declined.
- The Card can be loaded in any available Currency until the Card expires or the Agreement is terminated. You can load the Card in any available Currency via the [Card] Account subject to the Fees and Limits. We may make additional methods available to load the Card from time to time and the Agreement shall apply to such additional methods.
- Loads will be debited from the Payment Source in GBP and a foreign exchange rate will apply (where applicable) in accordance with clause 10.
- The Currencies available in respect of the Card may vary from time to time and we recommend you check the Website for details of available Currencies before applying for or loading the Card. We may introduce new Currencies from time to time and the Agreement shall apply to such new Currencies and the Fees and Limits shall be deemed amended to apply to such new Currencies.
- Subject to availability, you may allocate amounts between the available Currencies via your Card Account and/or by such additional methods as we may make available to you from time to time.
- Card statements are available to view or download via the Card Account and you can obtain your Card balance or information on previous transactions via the Card Account or contacting Customer Support. The up to date Card balances and any recent Card transactions will be available to view the same day.
3. Using the Card
- The Card can be used for online purchases worldwide at participating Merchants where you see the Card Scheme logo provided there are sufficient Card Funds available for the purchase, including and applicable Fees. You will not be charged any transactional Fees where the Merchant displays the SDH logo.
- Subject to clauses 4.3 and 9.4, the balance of the Card Fund will be debited with the amount of each transaction plus any Fees immediately. Merchants that accept the Card are required to seek authorisation from us for transactions and we cannot stop a transaction once authorised.
- When using the Card at certain Merchants (for example hotels/car rentals), an additional amount (typically 10%-20%) maybe added to anticipated service charges or tips, temporarily reducing the balance on the Card. This is to ensure there are sufficient funds available to cover the final cost of the transaction and to reduce the risk of a negative balance arising on the Card. If your actual service charge or tip is less than the additional amount added, it may take up to seven (7) days from the date of the transaction before the difference is available to spend. Only the actual amount of the final bill agreed between you and the merchant will be deducted from the Card. If the value of the final bill exceeds the relevant available Currency balance on the Card, the remaining amount will be funded by converting that amount into the next available Currency.
- A monthly Inactivity Fee will be charged if you have not used the Card for more than a consecutive three (3) month period. If the available Card Fund, following the debit of any monthly inactivity fee is less than the fee, we will waive the difference. The inactivity fee will usually be charged in GBP, the amount will be funded by converting the outstanding amount into the available Currency balance on the Card and a foreign exchange rate will be applied.
- In the unlikely event, for any reason whatsoever, a transaction is completed when there are insufficient funds on the Card for that transaction (a “Shortfall”), the Shortfall shall be reimbursed by you unless it is due to an error on the part of the Merchant where the Card was presented, in this circumstance we may seek the Shortfall from the Merchant. You agree that once we make this Shortfall known to you, we may charge you for the Shortfall amount and deduct the amount from the Card Fund or Primary Payment Source. We may also charge the amount of the Shortfall from any other Cards that you hold with us, or any other payment method which you may designate at that time, or against any funds which you may subsequently load onto the Card. Until we are reimbursed the Shortfall amount, we may suspend the Card. In addition, we reserve the right to charge you an administration fee for each transaction that you make using the Card that results in a Shortfall or increases the Shortfall amount on the Card.
- You must comply with all laws and regulations (including any foreign exchange controls) in respect of the Card in the country of purchase and/or use. We reserve the right to suspend the Card, terminate the Agreement and exercise any other remedies available to us due to your failure to comply with any part of this provision.
- If you are entitled to a refund for goods or services purchased using the Card, or another credit for any other reason, this will be made to the Card, in the applicable Currency or in GBP and a foreign exchange rate will be applied .
- We are entitled to set off any sum of money on the Card due from you to us against any positive balance on any other card held by you with us or against the Primary Payment Source.
4. Keeping your Card secure
- You should treat the Card number like cash and you should keep the card number, CVV (Card Verification Value) and the Card Account login details secure and ideally separate from each other and you must take all reasonable care and precaution to ensure that the Card details are not lost, mislaid or stolen.
- If the details are stolen, you may lose some or all of your money on the Card, in the same way as if you lost cash from your wallet or purse and we recommend that you check the balance on the Card regularly via the Card Account. You can see the Card balance and recent transactions online at any time via your Card Account.
- If you lose the Card details or if they are stolen, or you suspect that the Card has been used by someone other than you, you must tell us immediately by contacting Customer Support, so we can block your Card. You can also suspend the Card via your Card Account.
- You may be required to confirm details of any loss, theft or misuse to Customer Support in writing and, where applicable, you must assist us and the police in any enquiries.
- We may suspend the Card, with or without notice, if we think the Card has been or is likely to be misused, or if you break any important term or you repeatedly break any term and fail to remedy it, or if we suspect any illegal use of the Card. If we do suspend the Card, we will inform you of our decision, unless such disclosure is prohibited by law or would otherwise compromise fraud prevention or security measures.
- If you authorise a transaction and we consider that all of the conditions set out below apply, we will refund the full amount of the payment, or provide you with our reasons for refusal, or request that you provide additional information as is reasonably necessary to verify that such conditions apply, within ten (10) working days of receiving your request or if so requested within ten (10) working days of receiving any such additional information required:
- (a) you did not know the exact amount of the payment when you gave your authority; and
- (b) the amount charged exceeds the amount you reasonably expected to pay, taking into consideration your previous spending pattern, these terms and conditions and the circumstances of the transaction (excluding exchange rate fluctuations); and
- (c) you request a refund within eight (8) weeks from the date the funds were debited. No refund will be made if you have given us your consent for the payment to be made and, where applicable, details of the payment are made available to you by any means, at least four (4) weeks before the payment due date.
- We recommend that you check your transaction history and balance regularly. If you notice an error in a Card transaction or a transaction you do not recognise, you must notify Customer Support without undue delay and in any event within thirteen (13) months of the transaction debit date. We reserve the right to refuse a refund where you fail to notify us within thirteen (13) months of the date of the debit transaction. We may request that you provide additional written information concerning any such Card transaction on our dispute form which we will make available to you when you notify us of an unauthorised transaction.
- You are responsible for all authorised transactions on the Card. Your maximum liability is for the first £50 (or Euro equivalent) of losses arising from any unauthorised transactions that take place prior to your notifying us of loss, theft or misuse. You will not be held liable for any further losses once you have notified us of unauthorised transactions unless we reasonably determine that you acted fraudulently or with gross negligence (in which cases you shall be liable for all losses). We will block the Card to protect your funds once you have advised us of any unauthorised transactions and we may also block the Card Account.
- In the event that you do not use the Card in accordance with the Agreement or we find that you are using the Card fraudulently, we reserve the right to charge you for any reasonable costs that we incur in taking action to stop you using the Card and to recover any monies owed as a result of your activities.
- We reserve the right to debit from the Card the amount of any refunds paid to you where, upon further investigation, it is subsequently established that you are not entitled to a refund. If there is insufficient balance on the Card to debit the amount of any refunds paid to you in circumstances where you are not entitled to a refund, we reserve the right to take all reasonable steps (including legal proceedings) to recover from you the amount of any such refunds together with any fees, charges or expenses that we have incurred, including debiting the amount from a Payment Source (where applicable). We reserve the right to withhold refunds if, and to the extent that, we can show you have failed to comply with any relevant provisions of this Agreement.
- Like other payment cards, we cannot guarantee a Merchant will accept the Card, or that we will necessarily authorise any particular transaction. This may be because of a systems problem, something outside our reasonable control, or because we are concerned that the Card is being misused. Accordingly, we shall not be liable in any event that a Merchant refuses to accept the Card, or if we do not authorise a transaction, or for fraudulent transactions, or if we cancel or suspend use of the Card.
- Unless otherwise required by law, we shall not be liable for any direct or indirect loss or damage you may suffer as a result of your total or partial use or inability to use your Card, or the use of your Card by any third party.
- We may restrict or refuse to authorise any use of the Card in any legal jurisdiction if using the Card is causing or could cause a breach of the Agreement or if we suspect criminal or fraudulent use of the card.
- St Daniel House Ltd and Monavate Limited will not be liable for defects in any goods or services paid for using the Card. Any queries or complaints about such goods or services should be addressed to the relevant Merchant.
6. Card Account
- In order to be issued a Card you are required to open a Card Account during the application process. The Card Account allows you to manage the Card functionality including, capturing and updating your personal information (contact details/address), loading (including transferring balances on the Card between different available Currencies) or suspending the Card, accessing your Card balance or transaction history, or managing your privacy settings (opting in or out of marketing communications).
- We will also use the Card Account to undertake and record the result of addition checks we may need to make in order to verify your identity in accordance with clause 8 of the Agreement.
- We do not charge you for opening and maintaining a Card Account.
7. Top-Ups and Auto Top-Up.
- You may nominate up to three (3) debit or credit cards or details of one (1) bank account to link to the Card as a Payment Source via the Card Account to top-up the Card. You must keep us notified of any changes to your Payment Source information (for example changes to credit card numbers or expiration dates). If this information changes, we may update it as directed by your bank or card issuer without any action on your part.
- We may require you to verify that the card(s) or bank account is valid and that you are its owner by following the processes as notified to you during the Payment Source set-up process via the Card Account.
- You also have the option to enable automatically top-ups to the Card (to fund transactions where there are insufficient Card Funds to complete the transaction) by linking the Card to a Primary Payment Card via the Card Account. Automatic top-ups will only be enabled for transactions where the Merchant displays the [Card] logo and you have previously transacted with that Merchant. The transaction will be funded from your Primary Payment Source in the currency of the transaction and a foreign exchange rate will apply. You can enable or disable Merchants where automatic top-ups will apply via the Card Account.
- By linking a card or bank account as Payment Source to the Card, you are providing us with a continuous authority and/or mandate to automatically charge the card or the bank account to top-up the Card or for the amount necessary to complete the transaction (including the payment of any Fees). You can stop the continuous authority in respect of any card or bank account by removing it as a Payment Source through the Card Account.
- You give us the right to resubmit any debit you authorised that is returned for insufficient or uncollected funds. If you cancel any direct debit, you agree to reimburse us for the value of the associated transaction in the event of a shortfall.
- You agree that when we receive a payment from your bank account or debit/credit card, we may hold the funds for so long as we determine that there is no risk that the bank may reverse the transfer due to there being insufficient funds in your bank account.
- There may be times when your Primary Payment Card cannot be used to complete a transaction depending on the nature of the Primary Payment Card, the type of transaction it is used to fund or the recipient, for example, you select a credit card that has expired. In this event, we shall the Card may be declined.
- In order to manage risk, we may limit the Payment Sources available for a transaction. If we limit a Payment Source, we will alert you that there is a higher than normal level of risk associated with the payment (for example and without limitation, a risk that the payment may be challenged to be unauthorised). Such a notice does not mean that either party to the transaction is acting in a dishonest or fraudulent manner. It means there may be a higher than normal level of risk associated with the payment.
8. Cardholder and Identification Requirements
- To be eligible for a Card you must be at least 18 years old.
- We are also required by law to verify certain details about you. This helps to protect against fraud and misuse of the Card and banking systems. We will not issue the Card or open a Card Account until we have verified your identity and performed such other checks as we may in our discretion deem appropriate.
- In some situations, certain information relating to your identity may already be held by the Designated Merchant. Where this is the case you hereby authorise the Designated Merchant and/or its agents to forward to us such information (including personal data) that we may reasonably require in order for us to comply with our obligations relating to “know your customer” requirements and also any information (including personal data) they may hold which may help us combat fraud and satisfy such credit checks that we may deem reasonable. We will always independently verify any information provided by the Designated Merchant. If we are unable to verify identity and/or satisfy our credit checks through these methods, or if we require further documentation according to individual circumstances, we will contact you and ask you to provide such documents.
- We also have an obligation to maintain up to date information regarding all our Cardholders and/or Card Account holders. This means that we may require additional information from you from time to time to update our records. It is your responsibility to notify us of any changes to your information or update your information via the Card Account.
- For the avoidance of doubt, we may share information which we receive from you (or the Designated Merchants) with other associated organisations or carry out checks on you electronically as is necessary for the purposes of providing the Card. For information on how we use your personal data, please see clause 14.
- When we perform electronic checks, we may disclose Personal Information to fraud prevention and credit reference agencies who may keep a record of that information. By applying for the Card, you agree to your Personal Information being passed to such agencies for this purpose. You have the right of access to the personal records held by such fraud prevention agencies. We will supply the names and addresses of the agencies we use upon written request.
9. Card Fees
- The Fees and Limits set out on the Website apply to the Card. The Fees are subject to change from time to time in accordance with the Agreement. You will not be charged any transactional Fees where you see the Card logo. You will be notified and provided two months’ notice of any changes to the Fees and Limits via the Website.
- You agree to pay and authorise us to debit the Card Fund (or Primary Payment Card where applicable) for any applicable fees as set out under the Fees and Limits. These fees may be debited from the Card Fund as soon as they are incurred. If there are insufficient funds within a Currency to pay such fees, or the local currency is not a currency available on the Card, we will automatically deduct funds from other Currencies in the Order of Priority.
- Certain Merchants may charge an additional fee if the Card is used to purchase goods and/or services. The fee is determined and charged by the Merchant and is not retained by us. We recommend that you check such fees with the Merchant before completing a transaction.
10. Foreign Currency Transactions
- There are instances where a foreign exchange rate may apply, including: (i) topping-up the Card or where you allocate funds in a foreign Currency; (ii) transactions where the transaction is in a currency that is not one of the Currencies available on the Card; (iii) where you allocate funds from one Currency to a different Currency; (iv) where we allocate funds from one Currency to a different Currency in accordance with the Agreement or where a Primary Payment Card is used to fund a transaction; (v) where you end the Agreement or request repayment of the balance of the Card under clause 11; and (vi) when an investigation administration fee, inactivity or Shortfall fee is charged and there are insufficient funds available in GBP The method for calculating the foreign exchange rate for each scenario is as set out below.
- When funds are loaded or topped up onto the Card, the payment is made by you in GBP and we convert that amount into the Currency of your choice; you can check the applicable exchange rate beforehand on our website (see below). The foreign exchange rate which applies on the date that you top-up the Card may not be the same as the exchange rate which applies on the date that we convert your funds to load or reload the Card. This will be relevant when and if you top up the Card via a bank account or internet banking is available to load or reload the Card. The transaction history available via the Card Account will show the foreign exchange rate applied.
- If a transaction is made in a currency which is different to the available Currency on the Card, or exceeds the relevant available Currency balance on the Card, the amount will be funded by converting the transaction amount into the available Currency balance on the Card. A foreign exchange rate plus the foreign exchange margin will apply.
- The foreign exchange rate applied by us will be the Mastercard exchange rate on the business day prior to to the relevant date plus the FX Margin + OIF. The relevant Mastercard exchange rate plus the FX Margin shall also apply to any other currency exchange undertaken by us under the Agreement. Mastercard published its mid-point exchange rates daily. Any change in the relevant exchange rate will be applied immediately and without notice to you. If Mastercard ceases to publish exchange rates at all or as regards any specific currency, St Daniel House or Monavate may select and use an alternative third party exchange rate provider.
- Foreign exchange rates are subject to variation and the rate that applies one day will not necessarily be the same on any other day.
- Where you end the Agreement, or request repayment of the Card Fund under clause 11, these funds will usually be converted into GBP. A foreign exchange rate is used for this and varies each day.
- Where an investigation administration fee, inactivity or Shortfall fee is charged and there are insufficient funds in GBP, the amount will be funded by converting the outstanding amount into the Currency balance on the Card. The method for calculating this is described in clauses 3.3, 3.7 and 10.4 respectively.
- You can withdraw or cash-out the balance in whole or in part on the Card at any time via the Card Account subject to the available balance on the Card and any pending transactions.
- You can transfer the balance by bank transfer to your nominated UK bank account which will be processed within fifteen (15) working days of request to allow any outstanding transactions to clear. You may also cash-out the balance of any unspent funds in a Currency other than EUR through Customer Support and your bank or building society may apply their own exchange rate to convert the funds into your requested Currency, unless you have an account in the relevant Currency.
- You must not use the Card after you request a balance Cash-Out. A cash out fee may be charged for redeeming unspent funds on the Card if: (i) you redeem unspent funds on the Card before the Termination Date; or (ii) you redeem unspent funds on the Card and end this Agreement in accordance with clause 13.2; or (iii) you redeem unspent funds on the Card after a period of twelve (12) months from the Termination Date.
For the avoidance of doubt, redeeming the balance on your Card will not terminate the Agreement. If you wish to terminate the Agreement, then Clause 14.4 will apply.
- We may, at our discretion, amend the Agreement at any time (including amendments and additions to our fees). Any amendment to the Agreement will be notified to you in accordance with this clause 9.
- In certain exceptional circumstances such as where:
- we have a reasonable belief that fraud is likely to or has occurred; or
- the amendments are made in order to comply with any regulation,
- We may make such amendments prior to notifying you.
- If we apply a change that is in your favour, we will apply the change immediately and notify you via the Website. If we wish to make a change that is not in your favour, we will provide you with at least two (2) months’ notice in writing, via our website.
- If you do not agree to the changes, you have a right to terminate the Agreement. If you do not do so, we shall assume you have accepted the changes to the Agreement on the date the change comes into force.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the Agreement will not be considered to have been amended as a result of any oral communication between us.
13. Ending your Card and/or Closing Your Card Account
- Subject to clause 13.5, the Agreement shall end in the event of the expiry of the Card (“Expiry Date”)
- You can cancel the Card and/or close your Card Account before the Expiry Date immediately by contacting Customer Support. Once we have received the necessary information, which we will advise you of at the time, the refund of the funds remaining on the Card will be processed. We may ask you to provide us with further identification to proceed with the request.
- If at any time: (i) you are in breach of any of the terms of this Agreement; or (ii) we have reasonable grounds to suspect fraud, theft or dishonesty, or the issue of the Card to you would, in our view, be inappropriate or damaging to our reputation, or would be in breach of applicable law or Card Scheme rules/requirements, we will be entitled to take such steps as we consider reasonably necessary to restrict your right to use the Card, which, without limitation, shall include, without prior notice to you, refusal to authorise a Card transaction, suspension, withdrawal or cancellation of the Card and/or Card Account.
- If we do this, we will tell you as soon as we can or are permitted to do so after we have taken these steps. In these circumstances, you must tell us what you want us to do with any unused funds within three (3) months of the date we tell you your Card is cancelled.
- Your Card will be valid for three (3) years from the date it is issued (date located on the Card). If you have used the Card within three (3) months prior to the third anniversary of the Card issue date and have a positive balance on the Card, we will automatically update and replace the card number and other relevant details via the Card Account. Any funds on the Card will automatically be transferred to the new Card.
- If the Card has reached its third (3rd) anniversary and you have not received a new card number, please contact Customer Support.
14. Personal Data
- We may contact you by telephone, letter, SMS or email at the contact details you provide us and we may require you to verify your identity. You must let Customer Support know immediately if you change your name, address, phone number or email address.
- By purchasing the Card and using it, you consent to us and our service providers processing the information we collect from you (“Personal Information”), when we provide you with the Customer Support, under the Agreement.
- We may use your Personal Information to: (i) enable us to provide the Customer Support and for verification of your address and identity; (ii) protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorised transactions, claims and other liabilities; (iii) provide, administer and communicate with you about products, services and promotions which we think may be of interest to you (including contests, offers, competitions and promotions), and to notify you about important changes to the features and operations of those products and services; and (iv) for internal analytical purposes. If you do not want to receive marketing information about our products and services, please contact us (see ‘Contact details’). You will, however, still receive operational and administrative messages related to the Card and any enhancements or changes to the Card; (iv) operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services, managing our communications, determining the effectiveness of our advertising, analysing our products and services, training, performing and producing data reports and analysis that have been anonymised to ensure that they do not identify you as an individual, and performing accounting, billing, reconciliation and collection activities).
- We may also share your Personal Information with: (i) our service providers who perform services on our behalf; (ii) credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies to (a) make enquiries when you ask for the Card or to assist us in managing the Card; (b) share information about you and how you manage the Card; (c) if you give us false or inaccurate information or we suspect fraud. These agencies keep a record of our enquiries and may record, use and give out information we give them to lenders, insurers and other organisations to make assessments and to help make decisions on you and members of your household, for debt tracing and to prevent fraud and money laundering.
- We may also disclose information about you: (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process; (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
- Your Personal Information may be processed outside of the country of purchase (which may be outside of the European Economic Area), but all service providers are required to have adequate safeguards in place to protect your Personal Information.
- If you have agreed, we may contact you about other products and services and offers available from selected companies, which we believe may interest you or benefit you financially. If you no longer wish to receive this information, please contact Customer Support or change your privacy setting via the Card Account.
- You can contact Customer Support for a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you. A fee may be charged for this service.
- From time to time, we may change the way we use your information. Where we believe You may not reasonably expect such a change We shall write to You. If You do not object to the change within 30 days, You will be taken to have consented to such change.
15. Transferring our Rights & Third Party Rights
- We may assign any of our rights and obligations under the Agreement, without your prior consent, to any other person or business, subject to such party continuing the obligations in the Agreement to you.
- Except for any party referred to in this clause 15, nothing in the Agreement gives any third party any benefit or right (including any enforcement right).
- The Card is an Electronic Money (“e-money”) product and, as such, the Financial Services Compensation Scheme does not apply. This means that in the unlikely event that St Daniel House Limited or Monavate Limited becomes insolvent, any e-money on your Card (i.e. any credit balance) may lose its value and become unusable and you may therefore lose such e-money. Other than as set out in Clause 17 (Complaints), there are no other compensation schemes available to you in the event that St Daniel House Limited or Monavate Limited is unable to satisfy any claims relating to the Card.
- If you are not satisfied with any aspect of the service offered, please contact Customer Support via the live chat or Contact Us link at the Website or write to Customer Support firstname.lastname@example.org. They will be pleased to help and explain the complaints procedure in more detail. A copy of the Complaints Procedure on the Website or upon request.. St Daniel House Limited or Monavate Limited will try and resolve your complaint as soon as possible. Often however, the complaint will need to be investigated. If this is the case, Monavate Limited will respond to you within five (5) Business Days to acknowledge receipt of your complaint and tell you how long it might be before your complaint is resolved. If your complaint cannot be resolved, you may refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service (the “FOS”). The FOS is an independent body. You can contact the FOS at Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR, United Kingdom; Telephone: 0800 023 4567 (calls to this number are normally free for people ringing from a “fixed line” phone – but charges may apply if you call from a mobile phone) or 0300 123 9 123 (calls to this number are charged at the same rate as 01 or 02 numbers on mobile phone tariffs). These numbers may not be available from outside the UK – so please call +44 20 7964 0500 if you are phoning from abroad; Email: email@example.com. You can find more information on the UK Financial Ombudsman Service on their website: financial-ombudsman.org.uk
- You may also use the Online Dispute Resolution service if you are an EU resident and have a complaint about a product or service purchased from us online. The ODR website can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. As the ODR service will ultimately re-direct your complaint to the UK Financial Ombudsman Service, you may prefer to contact us or the Financial Ombudsman Service directly in the first instance.
18. Governing law and jurisdiction
- This Agreement and any matter arising from or in connection with the Cards and/or Card Account shall be governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdictions of the Courts of England and Wales.
19. Contact details
- If you have any queries regarding the Card, please refer to Website.
- We can be contacted using the details in the ‘Contact details’ section on the Website or by writing to Customer Support,
St Daniel House Limited, NBV Enterprise Centre, 6 David Lane, New Basford, Notts, NG6 0JU
Monavate Limited, The Officers Mess Business Centre Royston Road Duxford, Cambridge, CB22 4QH.
- Any notice sent by either party under the Agreement by email shall be deemed given on the day the email is sent, unless the sending party received an electronic indication that the email was not delivered; and if by post, shall be deemed given three (3) working days after the date of posting.
- The Card is issued an operated by Monavate Limited, pursuant to license by Mastercard International.
Monavate Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (registration number 901097) and is permitted to issue e-money, with its registered office at The Officers Mess Business Centre Royston Road Duxford, Cambridge, CB22 4QH with registered company number 12472532